Terms and Conditions For driving tuition given by Top Pass Driving School, it is hereby agreed that:
The courses as expected go without any hitches, but please read and understand the Terms And Conditions below prior to booking, so you know how thing work.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
By booking a course of driving lessons with Top Pass Driving School you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
•‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The self employed instructor
•‘the driving school’ means the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you
•‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
Terms & Conditions
1. Each course is for the total amount of hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test and drive home at the end of the course. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate (this can be agreed between you the pupil and your instructor, normally £25).
2. If transport to the theory test centre is required during a lesson, this will form part of your lesson time, from when you arrive in the car until we drop you off home after the theory test. Transport to the theory centre will be arranged only if requested, as we will need to make sure the lesson times sync up with the test time.
3. All pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be abandoned until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be lost.
4. If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund.
5. The prices quoted on the course guide include test fees you need, which we book and organise for you. The cost of your theory test retest is £35. The cost of your practical test retest is usually £80 on a weekday. Once these tests are booked for you they are non refundable. Please note you can book these tests yourself for less (£25 for a theory test or £62 for a standard weekday practical driving test, £75 for a weekend test or £124 for an extended test) on the official DVSA booking website, but you would have to generally wait on the standard waiting list, for example 10 to 12 weeks for a practical, plus find your own cancellations. You are paying us including your lesson costs to manage your booking which includes obtaining quick cancellations for both the theory and practical tests.
6. All deposits paid are non-refundable unless we cannot provide an instructor for the week you booked on the booking form. Driving instructors are self employed business men and women and a cancellation of the course leaves the driving instructor without any income for that week once we have already reserved them for you as requested on booking. Courses may be rescheduled for a later date that you can attend at the driving instructors discretion.
7. Once a deposit has been received, the pupil has a period of 3 months to complete the course from the date that the pupil has selected on the booking form to begin the course, should we not hear from the pupil for a period of 3 months (e.g if you have lost interest in completing the course) then any remaining deposit is forfeited and test fees lost.
8. Once the course hours have been organised into the driving instructors diary, If a pupil then cancels a driving day and it is less than 1 full clear week from the lesson due date, then those lessons will be forfeited and time lost. We cannot rearrange a course once you have agreed the times with the driving instructor at short notice.
9. If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show , then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £25.
10. When taking a crash driving course it is not possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks will be arranged between you the pupil and your instructor, the total time you book with us includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home.
11. A ‘successful booking’ is when we allocate an ADI and the customer and pupil agree to begin the driving course.
12. All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities from past client experience and are a rough guide only. No guarantees can be implied by any advisor or instructor. You should be prepared for extra tuition if it is felt that it is required before you are allowed to safely attend the driving test.
13. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number.
14. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by us to secure a practical test local to the pupil. If no test slots become available for the final day of your course then you may save a few hours and return a following week to take your test, once a suitable test slot has been found. Test centres may be closed on weekends and bank holidays. We cannot guarantee a test for any specific day but normally get one at the end of your course week or early the week after if the test centre is fully operational. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned.
15. The contract of the Crash Course / Intensive Course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should therefore be taken up with the instructor firstly.
16. The deposit (initial part payment) for your the course is payable on booking a course to Top Pass Driving School , which allows us to book your tests in advance, be paid for searching for your quick driving test and reserve an instructor. The deposit is not the full balance.
17. The remaining balance of any course is payable directly to the instructor whom is teaching you by the first day of the course. Failure be able to pay for the course remaining balance on the first lesson or when requested will result in immediate course cancellation, you will lose the deposit paid.
18. In the unlikely event that we cannot fulfil your booking and allocate you an instructor, a full refund of the deposit will be given.
19. In the unlikely event of the instructors vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and outstanding test fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged. Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
20. Top Pass Driving School and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons – driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, for example snow or ice, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles. Where possible your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios.
1. All courses are undertaken with a DVSA registered self employed instructor are on an individual basis.
2. We do not offer shared courses e.g. 2 pupils in the car.
3. No guarantee can be made of test availability, especially if your theory certificate is about to expire (it is valid for 2 years). In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible / liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost, you may need to purchase additional lessons to retake the test. You may be able to claim reimbursement of some lesson time off the DVSA in certain circumstances.
4. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund will be made in these circumstances.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
6. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. We cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
7. The driving instructor will not smoke in the training vehicle.
8. Refreshment breaks will form part of your daily tuition period.
9. The driving instructor will not use a mobile telephone, except in an emergency, or in the interest of, or with the permission of the pupil.
10. The training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls.
11. All special offers and course/lesson prices are subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
12. If a gift voucher is supplied by Top Pass Driving School, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
13. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month if you have to reschedule some of the hours, at the instructors discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
14. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.